From a Photographer's POV:
While I am not reviewing this wedding venue from a couple's perspective, sometimes it's good to hear what your photographer thinks of the venue. I thought it might be fun to make a pro's vs. con's list instead of a regular blog post to make this super easy and digestible for those of you who are busy. (Because I know you are!)
- The location is incredible! This is a newly developed area, so it is pretty off the beaten path compared to most in-town venues. You can't hear the hustle and bustle of cars and streets!
- There are so many scenic locations and the light is amazing throughout the day!
- Lots of shady spots surrounded by nature.
- It is beautifully landscaped around the entire property.
- On-site Bridal Suite for both bride and groom.
- Large bridal suite with lots of natural light for the girls.
- The space is CLEAN.
- The staff is attentive and is quick to clean up any messes that are made.
- The staff is polite.
- The added lighting sets a beautiful ambiance for your reception. **Your photographer must know how to shoot with flash**
- You can have your wedding ceremony outdoors and reception inside all in one location!
- You won't have to drive anywhere else on your wedding day after your ceremony.
- Parking! They have plenty of parking for your guests.
- Beautiful waterfall feature and arbor area.
- Shaded Ceremony for your guests.
- Each Event has their own Day-of-Coordinator. These coordinators are with the event all day, and oftentimes can replace a day-of-coordinator.
- Open floor plan
- Access at noon
- Included Linens, tables, chairs and decor
- You are sharing the space with other since there are 3 different reception halls, and have to be respectful of other weddings going on. This in turn limits the locations we can use at the venue so you may have to deviate from your timeline a bit to be respectful of the other ceremony taking place.
- Small grooms' suite without any natural light, and often times we take many of our groom's photos outside of the suite to begin with.
Overall, this venue, is a wonderful venue to work with, and I'm sure I've missed a handful of other features and amenities but seriously the list goes on! This was merely my take on the venue. All-in-all, I just absolutely love the look and feel of weddings that take place here.
Venue: A View on State
Photography: Christa Schiessl Photography
Dress: Ellynne's Bridal
Suit: Mens Wearhouse
Alterations: A Perfect Dress