Looking to push the needle
When planning for your engagement session, here are some ways to push the needle and make your engagement more YOU. It can feel more like a date, rather than a photo shoot. Needless to say I know how exciting it can be to hop on Pinterest and start planning your outfits for your engagement session. The one thing that is easily overlooked is what you can DO at your engagement session. To make your engagement session more about YOU and the things you enjoy doing with your partner. It doesn't always have to be about what you do or what you were, maybe the location is meaningful to you! There truly is no wrong way to do this.
To make your engagement session more meaningful, I encourage you to sit down with your partner and brainstorm some ideas. Here's a few for starters:
- Grab a picnic basket & some food to enjoy. Possibly a charcuterie spread or maybe it's just ice cream. You can make it ultra boojie or super simple. It's a matter of what fits your personality/style.
- Let's make a stop at your favorite coffee shop and grab a few drinks to stay. Sip and enjoy the warmth of the coffee in your body, as your partner snuggles you in the booth.
- If playing games is more your cup of tea, grab a game of Scrabble. Let's get to creating the magic!
- Maybe you have a love for animals, whether that's your horses, dogs or cats. Being an animal lover myself, I would be happy to help you incorporate your fur babies into your shoot. We can most definitely have a snuggle session with your fur babies.
- Are cars, bikes, Jeeps or Tesla's more your thing? Hey, there is a million different types of pickles out there according to Malcolm Gladwell, and we just have to find your perfect pickle. Just remember before you bring your ride, make sure to get a carwash before hand, and take a few minutes to clean her up a bit. We can incorporate your hot ride to make it a one of a kind session.
Figuring out what to do doesn't have to be a super big production. Just take a few minutes as a couple to think about the things you love to do together and then let's chat about how we can make your engagement session your own. Here's a few other bonus ones that I thought of after a few minutes of brain storming:
Now it's your turn, and let me know what you come up with in the chat below!